1.07.2012

Simple Mod Paper Mobile

I'm forever redecorating my mantle. It's a super quick fix to changing the look of the room, and it satisfies some sort of home-designing need in me without costing me too much time or money. And once the Christmas mantle was put away I had to fill that space with something, right? So I borrowed our Cart sign from the studio, slapped some white paint on that big househead sculpture that I made in college that has been living in the closet, and found a place for my new ukulele. But is still was lacking something. I was thinking that maybe something hanging from the ceiling would be nice. So I got to tinkering and came up with this--

All I did was take a bunch of my cardstock scraps and cut them into a variety of strips. Then I glued them to embroidery floss with white glue, and glued another little bit of paper on top. Like so--

Then I made more and let them dry overnight.


This morning, I tied a heavy beads to the bottoms to give them a bit of weight, and I was done. I just pinned them to the ceiling using clear push pins.

 I like them! And they spin prettily with any breeze. 


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to make a few of these. I'm in limbo while waiting for my misty mawn class to start...this may be just the thing : )

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet effective, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter had a friend over last night and was looking to do some art and at first I had no ideas nor any blank canvasses...wola I saw your mobile and we each made one and plan to make a few more, looks like 3 is a good number.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever!!!! I think your mind must HURT sometimes with all the cool ideas you have up there! And I LOVE the new uke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog while peeking at a few Pinterest boards...WOW! you have amazing talent! I have been so inspired by reading through several of your past posts and I'm looking forward to more to come! Thanks,
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun....they're just perfect!!! thanks for the inspiration! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun.. I am art teacher and that easy idea could adapted to do with kids... Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...