6.14.2011

Tuesday's Artist: Jennifer Davis

In order to keep my creative tank chugging along I like to fill it with all sorts of visual fuel. This "Tuesday's Artist" thing is my way of sharing some of the artists that inspire and delight me. I asked them to do a little finish-this-sentence sort of mini-interview so we might get to know them a little better. This week's spotlight is shining on Jennifer Davis in Minneapolis. I love her curious creatures, rich patterns, and her playful and unexpected use of color.
Circus
She says:
•If I wasn't an artist maybe I'd be some sort of planner/organizer. "Type A" behavior is fun for me.
•Today, I'm listening to National Public Radio, cat snoring, birds chirping...
•I'm really good at using my imagination.
•I'd like to be better at cooking.
Kitty
•When I was a kid I was prone to talking to myself. Still am.
•I hate it when there is a US Postal Service holiday. I live for mail.
Curious
•My workspace is white.
•Right now, I'm really into painting, my bicycle, Netflix, reading, playing outside...
Falling
•I hope that my art makes people feel happy.

You can see more of Jennifer Davis on her website, her blog, or on flickr.

5 comments:

  1. Love this!! And love her work - thanks for sharing it! :)

    ♥ Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay! thank you so much! xoxo-jd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her art is so cool!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just poured over about every painting in her shop--inspiring! I really enjoy when you do these Tuesday artist selections. Being a fan of your style, it's interesting to see what you're a fan of yourself. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun work!! Love it all!!

    And I'm so glad to know that there are other folks out there who talk to themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...