7.03.2012

Tuesday's Artist: Michele Maule

In order to keep my creative tank chugging along I like to fill it with all sorts of visual fuel. This "Tuesday's Artist" thing is my way of sharing some of the artists that inspire and delight me. I asked them to do a little finish-this-sentence sort of mini-interview so we might get to know them a little better. 
This week's spotlight is shining on Michele Maule. Living and working here in Portland, Michele works in a variety of media. I like that she manages to combine collage elements into her paintings in such a cohesive way. She has a knack for editing and restraint that I really admire in a mixed-media artist. I especially love how she elevates everyday objects, captures small moments, and I find her work to be beautifully restful.

She says:
If I wasn't an artist maybe I'd be a singer in a band.

Today, I'm listening to NPR. 
I'm really good at making guacamole. 

I'd like to be better at being patient.
 I hate it when it rains on my birthday.

When I was a kid I was very, very, shy.
My workspace is weirdly tidy right now.

Right now, I'm really into gardening.


I hope that my art resonates with people.

You can see more of Michele's work here.

Who stokes your creative fire?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...