5.22.2012

Tuesday Artist: Inaluxe

In order to keep my creative tank chugging along I like to fill it with all sorts of visual fuel. This "Tuesday's Artist" thing is my way of sharing some of the artists that inspire and delight me. I asked them to do a little finish-this-sentence sort of mini-interview so we might get to know them a little better. This week's spotlight is shining on Kristina Sostarko and Jason Odd, who together make up Inaluxe (you know I love a good partnership), from Grampians, Australia. I enjoy their uncluttered compositions, generous yet thoughtful use of color, and their impeccable use of repetition within each piece. I love how their stuff uses all the grown-up sort of design techniques, but still maintains its childlike quality.
Hopeful Sooty Owl
Kristina says:


If I wasn't an artist maybe I'd be an architect.

Today, I'm listening to Camera Obscura and Johnny Paycheck.


A Forest of Three
I'm really good at making a mess mostly, and putting things together. And I make a pretty mean coffee. 

I'd like to be better at building and renovating.
Our Little Friends
When I was a kid I was fixated with an old Croatian lullabye my father sang about a white rabbit that gets lost in the snow and dies. I used to make him change the ending of the song so the rabbit would live. 

I hate it when it rains and you've just put the washing out, when you come to the end of an awesome series like Northern Exposure, and I hate running out of wine. 
One Million Short Stories
My workspace is a monster that takes up most of the house! 

Right now, I'm really into organising, and spring cleaning. Out with the old, in with the new! On a cosmetic home level, and personal level. Gearing up for spring here, and look forward to building our large vegetable and herb garden. 

I hope that my art is constantly evolving and changing. 
Belly Rubs and Fox Cubs

You can see more of Inaluxe in their shop or on their blog.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Kristina's artwork. And I'm really enjoying this weekly Tuesday artist interview. I'm discovering some lovely artists from you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...