5.30.2008

Time and a Great Movie

I'm a sucker for holidays.
I'm all for any excuse to celebrate the passage of time.
Might as well celebrate it,
cuz there's no stopping it.
And mourning it takes too much energy,
robbing us of what little time we're allowed.
Time is slow when we want it to be fast, and too fast when we want more of it.
Time is a thief, true enough.
It steals childhoods and loved ones; eventually it steals everything earthly I suppose.
But time is Earthbound, and we are not.
Not really.
So, if we're lucky, eventually
Time delivers us to Timelessness.
What's the old saying?
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
That's kinda how I feel about the celebration of this trickster we call Time. And so I unpack and pack the Santas and the Jack-o-lanterns and the pastel bunnies every year, blow out the candles and make wishes, ooh and aah over fireworks and eat chocolate from red heart boxes, celebrating the inevitable.
We might as well celebrate.
.
.
.
I went to see a wonderful movie last night,
surely prompting my musings on Time.

You all must see it.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post,Joee.I enjoyed reading it so much.Not only are you a wonderful artist,you're an exceptional writer,too!I haven't heard about this movie-I'll be sure to check it out!
    Hugs:)
    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know about the movie. I see it is playing in a twon nearby, so I will do my best to go see it.

    I love your artwork - what a great idea to put all the holidays together like that. You're always THINKING! And with such a creative mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and listings on ebay. Yesterday I pulled out my sewing maching and starting putting scraps together with the intention of making a cloth doll for my new goddaughter. Realizing I didn't have any idea what I was doing - I started a search.

    I love your work and am currently bidding on a couple of your creations. Thanks for sharing and providing so much inspiration.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...