Anyway, we started by taking off all the cupboard doors. All 25 of them. But only 14 or so are going back in. So they're all stacked up waiting for me to paint them. I already painted all the hinges though, and all the little screws that hold the hinges. More about that later too.
Here's the before (and current) picture of the fold-out couch. There will be a slipcover in the not-too-distant future. And big pillows. Lots of pillows.
The former fridge, and the empty space that awaits a new fridge.
It doesn't look like progress is being made. In fact, it kinda looks like we're just making a big fat mess, but Dylan assures me that there's method to his madness. We'll know our little wheelie house inside and out when all is said and done. In the meantime, there have been many unwelcome discoveries along the way. The lamest of which is the water damage hiding in all sorts of places. And a horrible poop-related discovery that I won't go in to right now. The most interesting discoveries included a mouse nest, and three hornet nests.
Today, I patched holes and spackled stuff. Tomorrow we start painting the kitchen/studio/living room! We're hoping to do some sort of fundraiser really soon so that we can finish the back half too. We have about 2 and a half months to finish and move in. Tick tock!