3.29.2009

This Week's Favorite

It was extra easy to pick a favorite piece this week
on account of I only finished three. Two were birds that were probably affected by my excursion into Rainbowland last week, turning them awfully colorful. The third was this little quilted painting-
I admit it, I'm madly in love with it! What's not to love? Red, white, and green (my favorite color combination), and lots and lots of my favorite white buttons! Plus, it's covered in those pretty polka-dotted mushrooms that I like so much. I even found the perfect pair of antique metal buttons for the squirrel's wheels.Gosh, I hope I don't sound too annoyingly braggy.
I just delight in my work.
It's makes me happier than if I didn't.
We racked our brains trying to name this one,
and finally came up with Amanita's Garden. Can you guess why?
. . .
OK, OK, I'll tell you.
Amanita Muscaria is scientific the name of this mushroom:
Look familiar?
. . .
I hope this day finds you all
delighting in your endeavors.

13 comments:

  1. This IS wonderful!!! I SO love those signature mushrooms and the button accents. The red and green combo has such a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, darling. I wandered in here from Black Apple-- so glad I found your blog! Using buttons for the spots on the toadstools is such a nice touch.

    Kristina
    Sweetfern Handmade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/30/2009

    Jo!
    Thank you for your visit to my blog. I knew who you were right away as I have you marked as a favorite on my ebay list. I wondered how you ever found me but I have followed your work for a long time. You are a great talent with a skillful hand to create such clever dolls! A true inspiration. Have a wonderful day! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just the cutest. What a little mushroom cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutly gorgeous!
    Just found your blog and I love it. I will be back to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the piece and especially the use of buttons as wheels for the pull-toy squirrel. You are just so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok once again....Im awed...take a break and come by my site for a treat...

    Smiles,

    Sonia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are GenIus my dear!!!! This poor little gal isn't one bit Toxic....Not even low level....genus.....I LOVE THIS PIECE!!!!!

    Mean Dylan should have let you keep her. Raspberries to him!

    Hugs,
    TInker

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little magic mushroom (Great name, hehe!)

    And you don't sound braggy in the least! I think delighting in one's own work is what makes it so special - when we love what we do, it shows!

    ~ Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You are amazingly talented. I know I've been here before, but having the memory of a gnat I guess you fell off my radar. :-[ I've added you to google reader now so I won't miss any of this wonderfulness any more! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this morning so that I in turn could come find you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4/02/2009

    Ooooooooh, amanita - don't even touch it!! Love your work:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I'm in love again. It's the squirrel... I love that thing sitting on those button wheels... ~PJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amanita's Garden huh? Gosh I haven't a clue. I kept reading and reading posts here, and I'm not alone.
    K.... WHAT DOES IT MEAN Jo????? heheee. My curiosity is just boiling over!
    A man i ta's
    Am anita's

    Is the little girls name Anita? and it's her garden and she's in it? Duh... that sounds lame. Rotten guess I'm afraid.
    C'mon Jo... tell us!?!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...