6.16.2011

Today's Table (In the Works)

Today's worktable is a panorama of silliness-
 Dylan (who does all the sewing, stuffing, and making of stands) is getting ready to take our son to Florida for a two-week vacation, so he has been getting me all stocked up on starts so that I have enough things to finish while they're out of town. (Some attempt to keep me out of trouble I suspect.) The good news is, I'll be doing lots of one-of-a-kind pieces over the next couple of weeks! The bad news is, I'll have no one to pester with their flying kisses once they're finished. I guess I could bug my dog, Tuzy the Wonderfluff,  but he has the utmost patience for my shenanigans, making it less enjoyable (from a pesty point of view) than inspiring eye rolls from The Teenager. I've started collecting 2 weeks worth of hugs and kisses to last me through the separation (which is a lot on account of I'm a huggy/kissy kind of wife/mom), thus receiving more eye rolls. I've never spent any amount of time alone. I'm 38 years old, and I don't think I've ever had more than a whole day to myself. Should be interesting.

How about you? Do you like alone time?

8 comments:

  1. I do enjoy it, but I'll usually have to have a radio, tv show, or podcast running in the background while I'm alone during the day. Pets make a great difference! My fiancee has to go cover the Comic-Con convention for his work soon and I know our giant Siamese cat, Elvis, is going to be a comfort that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can pester us here!!!! (and in FB) I promise to fuss and roll my eyes all the way up! :D

    I LOVE alone time! I rarely get any, I just need to know my kids are well and sound (as in asleep) and then it's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those starter pieces are intriguing, lil' Jo! And I confess, I CRAVE alone time. Almost NEVER have any. Sometimes I actually cry because I so badly miss the days before my housemate retired. He went to work at 3:45 A.M. (work was quite a distance PLUS he wanted to avoid the rush hour traffic) and didn't get home till 5:30 P.M.! Even tho' I edited for HOURS each day, the day felt like mine. Now I don't EVER seem to have any quiet or alone time. Sigh. I hope you enjoy your 2 weeks! WE'RE ALL HERE SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE TOOOOO LONELY, okay? HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depends on the reason. I've spent time alone when my husband has gone on business trips, and LOVED it. No cooking if I didn't feel like it, chick flicks, hours spent reading, etc...Time alone when he's hospitalized, however, is just frustrating - I suppose because I'm too stressed to unwind.

    But two weeks while they're on vacation? Enjoy! Rent some dvds, buy some wine, make a few lunch or dinner dates with friends. Relax. ♥

    ~ Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  5. some alone time is good and healthy, but I can tell you, too much is awful. I am getting more evenings alone with my husband working and my young male sons out on the town, and i tend to wander around a bit, not sure what to do...I am getting better at focusing with projects, but I have had company for so long, it is an adjustment! Enjoy the quiet, because it will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband traveled a lot the first 15 years of our marriage, plus we married late in life, so alone time is vital to both of us. I find that I get a lot done at a pace that I enjoy. I can be found creating into the dawn. No cooking, cleaning, laundry - just whatever I want to put on the agenda. Now, I will roll my eyes, pout, cheer you on, blow kisses, and keep you company while everyone is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like time alone. At all.

    I like it that you'll have lots to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your table...looks fascinating. I spend a lot of time alone - I divorced 28 years ago and decided once was enough. My son has been in his own place for a couple of years, and there were the years he was away at college - to get me used to it. I recently moved to a place I adore being in. I have tons of handwork, painting and books to read. I work full time and spend quality time with friends and family, so those alone times are precious and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...